Mountain biking for beginners
Up and down – but with a sense of enjoyment!
Does cycling on dry asphalt no longer excite you? Do you want to go out into nature and tackle rough and rugged terrain? But you want to take it easy first, since you’re a beginner?
Discover the diverse mountain bike world in Austria, Italy and Slovenia! Wherever you end up: we have a promising beginners‘ programme up our sleeve for all bike novices. By the way: bikers who prefer a more leisurely pace can also look forward to easy tours and tips! Where? How? What? When? We’ll show you!
Easy tours for MTB beginners and those who prefer a more leisurely pace
How does this sound: wide forest roads and woodland and meadow paths that provide a good grip. Hardly any obstacles, slight inclines and many places to stop and take a break by the side of the path. Does that sound good? Then get on your mountain bike and discover the easy tours and trails in the MTB Holidays regions! Also ideal for families with children.
The most beautiful regions for your first ride ...
The mountain bike obviously got its name for a reason. Yet you don’t have to start off with a strenuous tour in the high mountains or on a downhill trail with rocky passages and loose gravel. You can also experience the mountain biking vibe on less challenging routes. We’ve put together some regions for you that will bring a great deal of joy to beginners.
The best hotels and accommodation for your introduction to mountain biking
Gotta start somehwere, right?! With the right support, you can get the hang of something quicker than you might think! In the certified accommodation providers, MTB beginners will find everything they need to tackle their first bike metres.
The services include:
- Guided bike tours with trained guides, including biking tips and insider information
- Personal training for beginners
- Equipment advice and rental in the regions
- Repair and washing services
- Trail training and biking technique workshops on special courses for mountain bike beginners
- GPS advice and device rental
- Collection service in the event of defects
Test your ability on the Signature Trails!
Do you want to round off your mountain bike holiday in style and demonstrate your biking skills on a Signature Trail? Then off you go! Take part in the Signature Trails Challenge to earn your first points and share your progress with others.
Tips for mountain bike beginners: the Frommestrail in the Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis region or the Mex Line 1 in Nassfeld – Pressegger See in Lesachtal.
Your first mountain bike holiday
Mountain bike beginners should follow these tips ...
- The bike: Everything depends on the choice of mountain bike! It’s worth renting a bike at the beginning and getting comprehensive advice. Our on-site experts will tell you what’s important.
- The equipment: A helmet, gloves, sports attire, glasses and bike shoes are important. Remember: safety first, always keep a clear view and keep your feet firmly in the pedals!
- Fitness: Be aware of your physical abilities and limits. The first few tours will demand a great deal of strength and stamina.
- Addition: We recommend wearing a back protector on the signature trails. Stay safe, stay MTB!