Mountain biking in the Montafon Valley
Holidays are for relaxation and letting go of all stress. This is best achieved by providing holidaymakers with wonderful moments: trips to places with exceptional views which not every biker finds or an extended lunch on a quaint Alpine pasture.
New in the region:
- Discover the Montafon Valley with the bike app MAPtoBIKE ! Track your tours and win a cool t-shirt on the Montafon Peaks Treasure Hunt.
Clear ground for mountain bikers at the Alps‘ main ridge. The Montafon Valley is a paradise for mountain bikers. A route network stretching across 270 kilometres entices mountain bikers and E-mountain bikers to discover the Vorarlberg Valley, the mountain world surrounding the peaks of the Rätikon, Verwall and Silvretta mountain ranges, on two wheels. This bike-leisure region offers everything from easy tours on pleasant hiking trails to challenging downhill routes across interlinking trails with carrying passages. If the energy in your family or bike group isn’t evenly distributed and the fitness levels vary a lot then it would be best to choose an intermediate tour in the Montafon Valley, for example the Ganifer Tour. On request, mountain bikers are also welcome on this tour. There are also special family tours and combo-tours which include the gondola cable car.
Tour & Trail
“Tour & Trail“ means more outdoor fun with experts during ”Mountain Bike Holidays“. Guided tours provide more adventure, more safety and more competence and are the forte of “Mountain Bike Holidays“.
- Only qualified guides accompany up to 10 persons on guided tours
- Individual advice
- Groups divided by skills and experiences
- Tour briefing (levels of difficulty, obstacles)
- Biking technique tips during the tour
- Secret trails
- Panorama highlights, photo stops and tips for refreshment stops
All information about the bike tours including GPS data, maps and descriptions, transport of bikes on combo-tours with cable car and bike shuttle, bike guiding, equipment hire and services as well as events in the region can be found here:
Bike tours in the region
- Itonskopf Tour (single trail tour)
- Mountain range tour (MTB tour)
Bike transport services
Bike transport services in the valley
Bike transport on public bus services in the Montafon Valley is available during the summer months.
Price: € 7.00 for a day ticket
Attention: The transport of E-bikes is not permitted!
Bike transport service to the Vermunt dam wall (continue by MTB to the Silvretta-Bielerhöhe Pass)
Replacing the train services of the Vermunt Railway, a mountain bike transport service from Schruns to the Vermunt dam wall is available during the summer months 2015, 2016 and 2017 if required.
Departure: 8:30 am from Schruns train station (other stations)
Transport facility for max. 20 bikes
Pre-registration required: email@example.com or +43 5556 722530
Price: € 11.00 for adults, € 7.00 for children
In connection with the Montafon-Silvretta-Card: € 7.00 for adults and € 5.00 for children
Bike shops, hire & service
Bike hire in the Montafon Valley
Mountain bikes, E-mountain bikes, bikes for children as well as bike trailers are easy to hire throughout the region.
- Sport & Mode Wilhelmer
- Intersport Montafon Schruns Zentrum
- Intersport in St. Gallenkirch Zentrum
- Sport Montafon - Sport Harry
- Intersport in Gaschurn
- Pure Mountain Equipment
hire rates: € 29,00 per day for a mountain bike and € 39.00 per day for an E-mountain bike
- Hire for 5 days get 1 extra day free of charge
- BergePLUS guests get a 50% discount on bike hire rates, guided tours included
- Guests with a guest card get a 10% discount on all services
- Rates include helmet and lock
- Discounts cannot be used in combination
- Children’s bikes (20 and 24 inches) half-price
Events & Camps
Whether you are well trained and take part yourself or you prefer to be a spectator along the route and cheer on your favourite, here you will find all details about MTB events in the region.
Easy & eBike
Panoramas instead of metres in altitude, nature’s delight instead of aching muscles, Brettljause (lunch with cold meats, sausages, cheese) instead of energy drinks; “Easy & E-Bike“ is the ”Mountain Bike Holidays“ offer for MTB-beginners, leisure bikers, E-bikers and the entire family.
- Guided tours for beginners and E-bikers
- Combo-tours with cable car and bike shuttle
- On tour with the family
- Themed tours
- E-MTB hire, including introduction and information about charging stations
Quality through competence
Detailed information about the offer for leisure bikers can be found here:
Easy bike tours in the region
- Kristberg Tour (E-MTB tour)
- Ill Tour (E-MTB tour)
- Alpe Nova Tour (E-MTB tour)
Tailwind instead of headwind! Thanks to the help of a small electric motor is the mountain world around the peaks of the Rätikon, Verwall and Silvretta mountain ranges now also accessible for untrained mountain bikers. Bikers who prefer a more leisurely pace make use of the flourishing tailwind.
The Montafon Valley is also a pioneer region for the Vorarlberg E-bike network project ”From Lake Constance to Piz Buin“. All details about the Vorarlberg E-bike network can be found on www.ebike-vorarlberg.at.
eBike hire in the Montafon Valley
Post an enquiry
Thank you for your inquiry,
You will recieve our message soon.