Guide training for "Mountain Bike Holidays" Guides
Make a career out of your hobby!
On this page is information about training to become a mountain bike guide.
The mountain bike guide training takes place in cooperation with the Association of Austrian bike guides- Bikepro, with ÖRV MTB Training and MTS Austria GmbH / Mountain Bike Holidays.
Implementing body: Vereinigung Austriaischer Radführer www.bikepro.at
Team & Referees: Mag. Manfred Pfeifer; Mag. Greta Nowak; Dipl. Sportl. Martin Budweiser
Aims of the training
- Methodical training
- Technical ability in biking
- Organisation and tour guiding
- Mountain bike guides lead groups safely off-road and in an environmentally friendly way
- Giving riding technique tips
- Specialist and social competence, leading to a positive experience
Overview of the training
- Practical: practical, methodical exercises, riding technique, tours
- Theory: methodology, tour planning, equipment and accessories, first aid, the environment and law, training information, career information/tourism
- Final exam: theory and practical exams. Participants only achieve the qualification if they have taken part in the complete course and pass the exam.
- Technical riding ability: safe mountain biking on single trails with hairpin bends and steep uphill and downhill sections.
- Good degree of stamina: Riding 60 km and covering 1500 vertical metres on a touring day should be no problem
- Suitable level of health (medical test). Participants need to bring their own material and equipment.
Information and dates