Jungfrau Region Grindelwald
Mountain biking in Grindelwald
A sporty challenging tour or rather a more leisurely version? It doesn’t matter which route you choose, they all have one thing in common – the stunning scenery of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
New in the region:
- E-MTBs can be hired in the region
- Additional tracks will be included in the GPS tracks from spring 2015 onwards
- Videos about trails can be found on www.grindelwald.bike
The impressive scenery of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau are included free of charge when going on bike tours in Grindelwald. This world-famous triumvirate is an everyday sight for Grindelwald’s population but is unique for the guests. Together with the glacier-topped mountain giants Schreckhorn, Finseraarhorn and Wetterhorn, they create spectacular scenery.
The tours in Grindelwald demand a great level of fitness. The ascents are in general very steep. Starting from Grindelwald, you should prepare yourself for 600 metres in altitude when aiming for tricky trails on the plateaus. Even more muscle power is required for the ascents which often exceed the 1.000 metres in altitude benchmark. For anyone who hasn’t got enough energy to master such ascents without help, there are plenty of cable cars, trains or buses to ease the ascending ride, to save quite a few metres in altitude and to preserve some energy.
Tour & Trail
“Tour & Trail“ means more outdoor fun with experts during ”Mountain Bike Holidays“. Guided tours provide more adventure, more safety and more competence and are the forte of “Mountain Bike Holidays“.
- Only qualified guides accompany up to 10 persons on guided tours
- Individual advice
- Groups divided by skills and experiences
- Tour briefing (levels of difficulty, obstacles)
- Biking technique tips during the tour
- Secret trails
- Panorama highlights, photo stops and tips for refreshment stops
All information about the bike tours including GPS data, maps and descriptions, transport of bikes on combo-tours with cable car and bike shuttle, bike guiding, equipment hire and services as well as events in the region can be found here:
Biketouren in der Region
- Grosse Scheidegg-First (single trail loop)
- Kleine Scheidegg
- Lauterbrunnen Tour
- Öpfelchüechli Trail (Apple Fritter Trail)
- Eigerbike Challenge
Mountain railways & bike transport services
Railways providing bike transport services:
- First Railway: Grindelwald-Bort-Schreckfeld-First
- Cable car Isenfluh-Sulwald
- Schilthorn Railway: Stechelberg-Gimmelwald-Mürren
- Wengernalp Railway: Lauterbrunnen-Wengen
Railways with limited bike transport services:
- Wengernalp Railway: Grindelwald Grund – Kl. Scheidegg (from 5 pm) and Wengen – Kl. Scheidegg (from 4 pm)
Bike transport services in the valley:
- Grindelwald – Gr. Scheidegg
- Lauterbrunnen – Interlaken
Easy & eBike
Panoramas instead of metres in altitude, nature’s delight instead of aching muscles, Brettljause (lunch with cold meats, sausages, cheese) instead of energy drinks; “Easy & E-Bike“ is the ”Mountain Bike Holidays“ offer for MTB-beginners, leisure bikers, E-bikers and the entire family.
- Guided tours for beginners and E-bikers
- Combo-tours with cable car and bike shuttle
- On tour with the family
- Themed tours
- E-MTB hire, including introduction and information about charging stations
Post an enquiry
Thank you for your inquiry,
You will recieve our message soon.