Mountain biking in Grindelwald
A sporty challenging tour or rather a more leisurely version? It doesn’t matter which route you choose, they all have one thing in common – the stunning scenery of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
New in the region:
- E-MTBs can be hired in the region
- Additional tracks will be included in the GPS tracks from spring 2015 onwards
- Videos about trails can be found on www.grindelwald.bike
The impressive scenery of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau are included free of charge when going on bike tours in Grindelwald. This world-famous triumvirate is an everyday sight for Grindelwald’s population but is unique for the guests. Together with the glacier-topped mountain giants Schreckhorn, Finseraarhorn and Wetterhorn, they create spectacular scenery.
The tours in Grindelwald demand a great level of fitness. The ascents are in general very steep. Starting from Grindelwald, you should prepare yourself for 600 metres in altitude when aiming for tricky trails on the plateaus. Even more muscle power is required for the ascents which often exceed the 1.000 metres in altitude benchmark. For anyone who hasn’t got enough energy to master such ascents without help, there are plenty of cable cars, trains or buses to ease the ascending ride, to save quite a few metres in altitude and to preserve some energy.
Biketouren - Jungfrau Region Grindelwald
Bike Events - Jungfrau Region Grindelwald
Tour & Trail
“Tour & Trail“ means more outdoor fun with experts during ”Mountain Bike Holidays“. Guided tours provide more adventure, more safety and more competence and are the forte of “Mountain Bike Holidays“.
Mountain railways & bike transport services
Railways providing bike transport services:
- First Railway: Grindelwald-Bort-Schreckfeld-First
- Cable car Isenfluh-Sulwald
- Schilthorn Railway: Stechelberg-Gimmelwald-Mürren
- Wengernalp Railway: Lauterbrunnen-Wengen
Railways with limited bike transport services:
- Wengernalp Railway: Grindelwald Grund – Kl. Scheidegg (from 5 pm) and Wengen – Kl. Scheidegg (from 4 pm)
Bike transport services in the valley:
- Grindelwald – Gr. Scheidegg
- Lauterbrunnen – Interlaken
Guided tours starting from Grindelwald are available from mid-June until mid-September:
- Sunset Ride Tour Lake Bachalpsee
Technique know-how about handling the root-traversed single trails is required.
- Easy tour into the Valley of the 72 Waterfalls
- Intermediate panorama tour into the Lauterbrunnental Valley and further up to Mürren
- Culinary cycling tour for connoisseurs – also be E-bike
- Technique training on the bike parcourse, followed by a short tour
Post an enquiry
Thank you for your request. The request has already been forwarded to the hotel.The hotel will contact you directly regarding your holiday-wishes.
Your “Mountain Bike Holidays” Team