Mountain Bike Hotel in the region Salzburger Sportwelt
- MTB & More
- Prices & packages
Funsport- & Bikehotel Tauernhof****
Mountain Bike Hotel in Flachau
In the centre, in the middle of Bike Amadé. Just 8 km from the Wagrain Mountain Bike Park and 3 km from the new Amadé Soletherme (thermal baths).
This hotel is situated in the mountain bike region Salzburger Sportwelt.
Mountain bike specialist at the Funsport- & Bikehotel Tauernhof ****
Welcome to the 4 star sports hotel for gourmet bikers
Pack the cycling shorts and bring with you anyone who enjoys travelling under their own steam on two wheels and appreciates the environment of a 4 star hotel. He/she doesn’t need to (but can) be especially athletic; everyone who wants to bike will find the appropriate ability group. Those who want to take it easy can join the group that has a more social rather than athletic feel. Limits are set for the altitude climbed and the length of the tours, through the (flat) Flachau valley and the neighbouring valleys.
Fun and exercise in nature. The serious mountain bikers will go off with a trainer who will “set their calves forwards”, as they say in insider jargon here, both on and off road. Mountain sprints and downhills, 1000 vertical metres and 8 hour tours; no mountain in the immediate, and further, vicinity is safe from our freaks, and we have a lot of mountains! But you should also bring your swimming stuff with you; the mountain lakes, streams, and the hotel’s indoor pool are all here for you.
Guidelines - Example biker week
• Saturday/Sunday: Arrival, introduction and explanation about the whole week’s programme. Collection of bikes and equipment check, warmup tour, terrain exercises, gear changing and breaking technique, etc. Presentation of the tours with bike navigation and training, distribution of an introduction to the pulse measurers
• Monday: Tour around the Koppen – the toughest part is the time up to the is the climb up to the Sattelbauer. Here we take a short rest to enjoy the panorama of the Dachstein mountain range before heading down through the Kohlgraben into the Zauchtal valley.
• Tuesday: Half day tour, leisurely or Sprint. Afternoon free for in-line skating, other adventurous activities, or lazing around, bathing, etc.
• Wednesday/Thursday: 2 Day tour, spending the night in a hut, with a bike up to it that ranges from soft to very steep. Or to 1 day tours.
• Friday: Half day tour, ...
Daily meeting and individual assessment of the tour, personal coaching, and sprints and down hills interspersing the week.
All of us - the whole team from 16 to 45, our kids from 4 to 19, and our guests from 0 to 99: for everyone a sporty, fun variety of additional biking, hiking, and skating activities. The freaks spend all of their holiday, apart from when they are sleeping or eating, in the fun park. No day is too hot, and certainly not too cold, in the covered area to put on your skates, take your skateboard, and work on your style on the mini ramp.
Tobi loves vertical metres and exciting single trails, Martin is the absolute technique specialist, and also represents the “couch type” and TV sportsman, and Berni loves variety. He is the one with stamina and is the tour biker. No tour is too long or too high for him. He leads the Ennsradweg ride and the tours lasting more than one day, with nights spent in a hut, and guarantees a good atmosphere. As a trained hotelier and mountain bike guide, he is the one on tours who cooks the Kasnocken and Gröstl in the huge pan and provides the friendly atmosphere afterwards. An entertaining storyteller par excellence. His tip for our guests is that sport with the right group is always fun, common successes mean loads of joy!
Martin, who the teenage girls love, the technique man, will take you through the mountain bike park in Wagrain. The ladies’ “Alm-tour” with a refreshment stop with Gabi at the Frauenalm to enjoy a piece of her home-made cheese, and the tour to Zauchensee, continuing by foot to the Strimskogel are his favourite programmes.
He lives by the creed: not by strength, but with your
brain, not overdoing it – pleasure! But we’re not sure whether we should
believe him, as almost every other weekend he takes part in races and that, we
think, is more “hard-core” than “pleasure”. Well, each to their own ;-).
Tobi, the boss of the Sport Camp and specialist on kit. He’s just as competent on skates as on his bike. Unmapped single trails are his thing, as are the dirt jumps on the Gindl Oma Wies’n. On the alternative programme, for example if it happens to snow in June, he changes his bike for the hotel bus, and runs the sightseeing programme to the Liechtensteinklamm gorge, the Kupferbergwerk copper mine, the city of Salzburg, or Hohen Werfen castle.
Tobi’s tip: Well maintained kit and you’re halfway there, good meals, and the rest is pure joy!
Silvia, Maria, Franz and Markus are the guides in the Tauernhof Sportcamp, on
the hill with Nordic walking sticks and rucksack, doing running training, doing
a road bike tour to the Großglockner…
All local mountain enthusiasts who love exercise and nature.
Bike tours in the area around the hotel
Mountain bike tours are the focus of any biking holiday. Mountain bikers who take part in the guided bike tours can be sure of safety, expertise, and a great experience with our trained guides. Mountain bikers who prefer not to join the guided bike tours will benefit from insider tips from the locals, the detailed maps, and above all the GPS bike tours.
GPS tours are a great help for orientation off-road. Select your personal tour programme from one of the largest selections in the Alps.
Simply download the GPS tour that you want, of the appropriate level of difficulty - easy, moderate, or difficult - and then begin your mountain bike tour on your own steam.
You will find a selection of 5 mountain bike tours here and there are further tours available at the hotel.
Bike tour descriptions are only available in German - we are sorry.
Other bike services in the hotel
- Bike shop, sales, hire, service. New: free E-Bike hire.
- FOCUS test centre and bike hire. Free for hotel guests. Right at the hotel.
- Biking technique training area right next to the hotel, funsport hall for biking technique training.
- Bike washing facility
- Daily energy pack, including drinks bottle
E-Mountainbiking in Flachau
- E-mountain bike hire in the hotel
- E-mountain bike hire in the bike shop Fun & Pro
- Special e-mountain bike tours
- Guided e-mountain bike tours with bike school Fun & Pro
- Charging points nearby
Bike & Family
- Use of the fun park, and supervision from our sports professionals (for adults and childrend from 10 years)
- Funsport and skate park
- Climbing wall
Bike & Sports
- The exciting Tauernhof programme: exclusively for our hotel guests, planned with the times of the tours and courses borne in mind, including all-in Tauern board.
- Activity programme with sports equipment
- Daily fitness and hiking programme for those accompanying you
These deals for bikers are offered by Funsport- & Bikehotelanlage Tauernhof
Culinary deal for bikers
- Athlete’s breakfast buffet
- Lunch buffet (13:00 – 15:00) or packed lunch
- 4 Course evening meal
- Themed buffet evenings
- “Hüttenroas” ride with evening meal
- BBQ in the Schusterhäusl
- Beer garden
- Gala gourmet trip
- Fruit juices, mineral water & Iso-drinks from the buffet
Special traveldeals for bikers
Price per person per night
- in a double room
bed and breakfast: € 94,00
half board: € 109,00
bed and breakfast: € 73,00
half board: € 88,00
- 8 days/7 nights all-in Tauernhof board
- Guided mountain bike tours of different levels each day
- 2 guided road bike tours for different levels of ability
- Tauernhof sports and activities programme included
- Daily Funpark time for kids and teenagers
- TOP quality FOCUS bike hire
- Alpine hut breakfast, barbecue, sunset tour
- Daily energy pack
- 3 Alpine events (canyoning, rafting, etc.)
Price/Person in a double room:
High season: € 923,00
Low season: € 742,00
Hut breakfast, barbecue, sunset tour according to the week’s programme
- 3 days/2 nights in the Tauernhof
- All-In Tauernhof board
- Daily guided MTB tours in different ability groups
- Bike technique training
- Daily energy pack with bar and isotonic drink
- Free Focus bike rental (mountain bikes and E-bikes)
- E-bike tour suggestions with map and GPS data
From €169 per person