Alpe Adria Weltkriegs-Transalp 2016
On the tracks of WWI by mountain bike 100 years later - through three countries to the Adriatic Sea in 5 days. We combine trail adventures, culinary delights and the history of Carinthia, Slovenia and the Friuli on 300-350 km and 5.500 metres in altitude.
The mountain bike tour leads through three countries – Austria, Slovenia and Italy – to the steep coast of the Adriatic Sea. Former military stations as well as war sites in the middle of the mountains, narrow via ferrate used by the military and historically important roads, impressive museums, charming accommodations, vineyards and culinary delights await all participants. Short presentations by the bike guides at historical sites bring the past into the present.
The daily change of landscapes is quite unique. Starting with the Carinthian lakes, the Nockberg mountain range and the Karavankas, we reach the chalky giants of the Triglav National Park and continue on deserted tracks across the forest ridges of the Kolovrat mountain range into the lush hilly landscape and vineyards of the Collio, and carry on from there through the karst at Duino until we arrive at the steep coast of the Adriatic Sea.
- Guiding by two qualified mountain bike guides
- Maximal ten participants per date
- Tour in 5 day-stages through Austria, Italy and Slovenia
- 2 overnight stays including breakfast at the Lindenhof or a partner hotel
- Welcome Dinner at the wine restaurant Vinum / Lindenhof including tour introduction
- 4 overnight stays including breakfast during the tour
- Accommodations with charm & culinary delights (inns, vineyard, agritourism)
- Good Bye Dinner at the 2 Torque-awarded gourmet restaurant Lindenhof
- Transport of luggage to the relevant daily destination and return transfer
- Drinking bottle plus energy pack and photo CD of the tour
Visits to museums, wine tasting, castle viewing and on-site historic information by the guides
€ 725.00 per person in a double room
€ 70.00 surcharge for single occupancy
Dates mountain bike transalp 2016:
- 21. - 27.05.16
- 11. - 17.06.16
- 03. - 09.09.16