The love for the Großarler mountain world and the passion for mountain biking ties us – the three-person bike guide team of the Hettegger family - together! We look forward to eventful bike tours to the Großarltal Valley's rustic and serviced alpine huts together with you.
Bike hotel Edelweiss
- Top bike competence
- Biking technique training
- Guided mountain bike tours
Spezialisierung im Hotel
- Tour & Trail
- Easy & eBike
Bike-Highlights in Hotel Edelweiss-Grossarl
- Bike competence: Top qualified guides at the hotel
- Offered tours: 6 guided tours in 2 ability groups
- Free of charge bike hire directly at the hotel
- Bike hire, service, repairs by our partners
- Special packages
Tour & Trail
- Biking technique training
Easy & eBike
- Hire of bikes and E-bikes from the partner shop (150 m away from the hotel)
- 6 guided easy tours per week
- "Breakfast Tours" with return around 10:30 am leaves the rest of the day for other activities
The Hotel Edelweiss is situated in the middle of the Großarltal Valley, the valley of the alpine pastures. The family-run hotel is known for its warm and pleasant atmosphere. Despite its size, personal service for the guests is still a top priority at this hotel.
- 110 comfortable rooms
- Edelweiss – delightful moments (gourmet cuisine)
- 185m² indoor pool
- Sauna landscape
- Children's playroom and child care
Adventure bike holidays
Today's hotel manager Peter Hettegger has always dreamt of becoming a hotelier. He realised this dream by opening the EDELWEISS B&B in 1979. Back then, there were 14 guest rooms available. The coming years brought many building alterations until the small house had been turned into a large property, the Hotel EDELWEISS. What has remained from the start is the passion for the hotel industry and the family hospitality which can be felt throughout the entire house.
Cosy rooms and apartments in various categories offer a homely sleeping place and the kitchen treats the palate to delicious culinary delights. The hotel's Beauty and Vitality Residence is the best place to relax, rest and chill out. The large wellness area with indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna landscape as well as indoor and outdoor fitness facilities promote health and wellbeing.
The family hotel looks especially well after its youngest guests while their parents are out on a mountain bike tour.
There is a fantastic alternative programme for bike-free days and companions who are not so keen on biking.
Bike and More in Hotel Edelweiss-Grossarl
- Bike & Wellness
- Bike & Family
- Bike & Sports
Bike & Wellness
- 200 m² swimming and sauna facility
- EDELWEISS Beauty and Vitality Residence with many massage and beauty treatments
Bike & Sport
- Hiking programme
- Fitness room
Bike & Family
- Child care: every day from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, open throughout in the main season
- Children's playroom with cinema
Bike & More
- 4*-Superior Activity Hotel, family-run by the Hetteggers
- Large amount of included services
Bike hotel in Grossarltal - Salzburger Land - Austria
The “Valley of the alpine pastures“ is already well-known amongst hikers but it is still an insider tip for mountain bikers. 15 of the 40 serviced alpine pastures are accessible by mountain bike.
Bike highlights in the Großarltal Valley
- 16 mountain bike tours
- Valley cycling track
- Guided E-bike tours
- 2-day tour with overnight stay on the alpine pasture
Are you looking for quiet, nature, relaxation, comfort and a piece of home? Then is the Großarltal Valley, situated in a fog-free alpine location and without any transit traffic, just perfect for you. Hardcore mountain bikers find challenges on a total of 140 bike kilometres and 13.000 metres in altitude. 20 of the 40 serviced alpine pastures can be reached by mountain bike. From the cycling path in the valley and the E-bike routes to tours with many metres in altitude, there is the perfect tour for leisure bikers as well as for bikers who prefer properly aching muscles and true sweat.
Mountainbike tour around the hotel Hotel Edelweiss-Grossarl - Grossarl
Just feel good!
Dream holiday with dream weather at a dream hotel. Cosy rooms, friendly hotel staff and super tasty food made our holiday perfect.
Post an enquiry
Thank you for your inquiry,
You will recieve our message soon.