The bike has been the Hotel Alpina's main subject since 2005. Hotel manager Lukas Riml and the bike guides of the Bike School Ötztal, especially guide Kamil, show you the most beautiful tours in the Ötztal Valley Bike Arena.
Bike hotel Alpina
- Top bike competence
- Cooperation with the Bike School Sölden
- Presentations by cycling pros
Specialised as bike hotel:
- Tour & Trail
Bike-Highlights -Hotel Alpina
- Bike competence: Top qualified guides at the hotel and in the Bike School
- Bike hire at Shop-Partner
- Service and repairs by our partners
Tour & Trail
- 6-day bike programme in 2 ability groups
- Info Point with our bike guide every evening
- Biking technique training
- Themed tours (e.g. ”Glacier Express Tour“)
- Bike cellar with CCTV
- Free of charge safety locks for your bike
Bike-Highlights - Hotel Alpina
The Hotel Alpina is situated directly in Sölden away from the main road and is the ideal starting point for bike tours where more altitude metres are welcome.
Show all information
- Comfortable double and single rooms
- Gourmet cuisine in the Alpina Stubn
- Aqua Alpina – 300 m² wellness area
- Hiking and outdoor programme
- Ötztal Card
The bike specialist
The origins of the Hotel Alpina can be traced back to the 19th century. Back then it was known as the “Gasthof zum Alpenverein“ and was, together with the church, school, tannery and the blacksmith's, the centre of Sölden. Countless building alterations and renovations turned the Hotel Alpina into what it is today, the holiday specialist for bikers.
Using natural material like larch wood, the cosy rooms have been lovingly furnished. Relaxing hours after a day full of activities in the mountains of the Ötztal Valley promise not only the soft beds. The wellness & spa area with tepidarium, laconium, herbal steam bath, Ötztal Valley steam room and other facilities also provide plenty of pleasant possibilities to relax and to recharge one's batteries. A gourmet dinner will spoil you in the evening.
Enjoying the holiday programme after a half-day tour or having a bike-free day? No problem at all at the Hotel Alpina since a diverse holiday programme without biking activities is provided here.
Bike & More - Hotel Alpina
Bike & More
- Aqua Alpina - 300 m² wellness area
Bike & Sport
- Hiking programme with our hiking guide Florian
- Free entry to the adventure swimming pool at the Leisure Arena Sölden
- Playing tennis on the outdoor courts is free of charge
- Ötztal Card from us at half-price, details: oetztal.com
Ötztal - Tyrol - Austria
A variety of beautiful tours lead through the Ötztal Valley Alps. After the first 500 altitude metres on forest paths, a beautiful panoramic view opens on the trails above the tree line. Guests as well as bike magazine journalists confirm again and again that the best single trails can be found in the surroundings of Sölden.
Bike highlights in the Bregenz Forest
- Ötztal Card – the adventure card
- Almost 700 kilometres of tours
- Ötztal Valley mountain bike trail
- Transport for bikes on the mountain railways
- E-MTB & E-Hike
The Ötztal Valleys offers many possibilities and trails which only wait to be discovered by your cleated tyres. Over 900 kilometres of signposted bike tours of all levels of difficulties are provided here. Single trails, forest paths, country lanes and tracks through woodland leave nothing to be desired. The Bike Republic Sölden will be expanded in the next few weeks and will become the Mecca for enduro bikers. Up to ten new trails will make the bikers’ heart beat even faster. A pre-taste of unlimited bike fun offers the new flow trail in Sölden – rollercoaster feeling at its best. With its banked turns and waves and the not too steep route is the trail fun for everyone.
The high density of tours is surely unique in the Alps. The Ötztal Valley convinces with more than 40 designated mountain bike routes. A certain level of fitness is required for most bike tours in the Ötztal Valley. After all, some of the tours, like the one to the Wurmkogel, are situated as high up as 3.012 metres above sea level. But there is a different way: The Ötztal Valley Trail is near the valley, is 80 kilometres long and offers many lovely diversions in the longest side valley of the Inntal Valley. The journey back is taken by bus with its own bicycle trailer. Being probably the longest pump track in Tyrol, “rolling@Bäckelar Wirt“ tops off the bike fun in Sölden.