Mountain Bike Hotel in the region Zillertal Arena
- MTB & More
- Prices & packages
Almhof Family Resort ****S
Mountain Bike Hotel in Gerlos
The Almhof is in the middle of 60.000 m² of alpine pastures on the sunny side of Gerlos.
This hotel is situated in the mountain bike region Zillertal Arena.
Mountain bike specialist at the Almhof Family Resort ****S
Bobby runs the Gerlos snowboard School and is an enthusiastic biker. He is a sensitive tour leader, and with him, every tour becomes an experience.
Our mountain bike guide Bobby
Tom takes you to the most beautiful spots and knows the nicest huts. We have put together a great selection of tours for you, together with the hotel Gaspingerhof in Gerlos: Bobby and Erich lead tours on their favourite routes in the mountains five days a week, in two ability groups. Whether easy or difficult, up the mountain or in the valley, fun and good humour are all ways present. They are always on hand with tips and suggestions, and will help you with your planned tours and with suggestions of the best places for refreshment. Don’t spend so much time reading, figuring out, and planning, but RATHER simply ask and ride. All tours take place, even if there is only one participant. Each tour costs € 25.
Available dates: mid July to beginning of October
Bobby Roos profile
Age: the magic age of 43 in 2011
Weight: has to carry 80 kg every day
Bike: Merida Full Carbon hard tail and Specialized Enduro full suspension
Favourite bike tour: Panoramatour, Gerlos - Zell - Gerlos
Favourite food: Pasta's, Thai, Curry
Favourite wine: Rosso di Montepulciano, Lenz Moser Blaufränkisch
Music: Soul, Rock, Jazz, Hiphop.
Jobs: Snowboard instructor, high ropes course trainer, canyoning guide, ski instructor.
Since 1995, boss of the Hotzone School of Snowboarding
Hobbies: Snowboarding, mountain biking, snowboard tours, via ferrata, windsurfing, kite surfing, travel, cooking, and my dog, Rookie.
Bike motto: Don’t destroy what you came to enjoy!
- Selected tour suggestions and expert advice
- Zillertal bike maps
- "biker’s snack" to take with you
- Bike shower in the “bike garage” with hot and cold water
- Bike stands in front of the hotel
- Lockable bike room with storage
- Drying facilities for bike gear
- Shoe dryer for drying overnight
- Laundry service
- Service area with tools
- Bike stands
- Internet access
Bike tours in the area around the hotel
Mountain bike tours are the focus of any biking holiday. Mountain bikers who take part in the guided bike tours can be sure of safety, expertise, and a great experience with our trained guides. Mountain bikers who prefer not to join the guided bike tours will benefit from insider tips from the locals, the detailed maps, and above all the GPS bike tours.
GPS tours are a great help for orientation off-road. Select your personal tour programme from one of the largest selections in the Alps.
Simply download the GPS tour that you want, of the appropriate level of difficulty - easy, moderate, or difficult - and then begin your mountain bike tour on your own steam.
You will find a selection of 5 mountain bike tours here and there are further tours available at the hotel.
Bike tour descriptions are only available in German - we are sorry.
Other bike services in the hotel
- Daily information session with Bobby
- "MTB-special week" (25.05. - 01.06.2013) with Transalp winner Carolin Wölk
- Riding technique for beginners and slightly experienced
- Mountain bike guide Bobby will take you on his "secret routes" on single trails and much more
- New: 5.2 km easy-moderately difficult single trail on the Wiesenalm
Bike & Wellness
- Sauna area
- Experts for massage and beauty
Bike & Family
- Children play an important role here
- 80 hours of child and baby care a week, from six months to 15 years
- Action package for young people including: rafting, high ropes course, canyoning
- Leisure indoor swimming pool, outdoor swimming pool, 110 m waterslide
Bike & More
- Experts for Yoga, Pilates, power gym, Nordic walking tours
These deals for bikers are offered by Almhof Family Resort:
Culinary deal for bikers
Almhof All Inclusive Gourmet-Spoil-yourself board incl. non-alcoholic drinks
Special traveldeals for bikers
Price per person per night
- In a double room
all inclusive: € 131,00
all inclusive: € 112,00
- 7 nights all-inclusive
- 4 guided bike Tours
- Daily energy pack
- Programme and tour information
- Après-bike and bike get-together
- Guided Nordic walking tours
- Yoga, Pilates, Power gym
Prices are per person per week, family room:
High season: € 917,00
Low season: € 756,00